APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why gaps are great!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Why gaps are great!
on Oct 19, 2011 at 7:34:14 am

[Chris Harlan] " I just use ctrl-V to split all my tracks, then "t" or insert edit to move all else over, then I heal as needs be. I can do exactly the same thing in Avid."

But not if there are dissolves in the way - same thing applies in both FCP and MC. You'd have to take the extra step of removing the dissolves first. (Incidentally why not map the Ctrl/V function onto just plain V? You'll never look back, especially for ease of adding edits on the fly.)

As I mentioned in my reply to David L., it's not that I don't know how to do this stuff in FCP and MC - there are plenty of ways of approaching it. The point I wanted to make is that for all the scenarios of this that I come up against FCPX is the clear winner. On this one point alone, I hasten to add.

I notice that you like me do quite a bit of complex short form spots/trailers where the audio really stacks up in highly complex ways - this is exactly the kind of situation where the FCPX way of opening gaps would be far preferable. If only we could find ways of coming to terms with all the other currently unworkable nonsense!

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]