APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Portent of things to come - huge downloads

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ed Stahr
Re: Portent of things to come - huge downloads
on Jun 7, 2011 at 6:00:54 pm

More on the problem with businesses using App Store for OSX 10.7 and FCPX...

If you are very small have 5 to maybe 10 systems, if is feasible to download both application onto each machine, but if you extrapolate that to a larger company (10+ machines), it become very unwieldy.

1. How do you buy in bulk? According to Apple you can install the products on as many machines as your iTunes account is authenticated to. That saves money buy causes other problems.

2. You have to download the application to each machine. How can you do a quick deployment if you have to download 4gb (lion) onto 10+ machines?

3. If you can only authenticate to 5 machines in app store, how do you install it on the rest? (Answer: you can't without creating dummy accounts)

4. As far as Apple is concerned, whoever's iTunes account the software was purchased with, is the person who owns the software? If I buy software on App store using my corp credit card, I still own the software, not the company.

5. How does a Value Added Reseller address any of these issues? They can't sell turnkey systems any more.

Sadly, Apple is not addressing these issues at this time. I have it on pretty good authority that the Enterprise account managers are at a loss for what to do.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]