APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: After Careful consideration...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Goodman
Re: After Careful consideration...
on Oct 13, 2011 at 9:57:04 pm

Avids keyframe/fx tweaking definately leaves something to be desired, but AvidFx (Boris Red) is really really powerfull and more sophisticated than FCp ever was, but the curve is really steep and theres not a ton of stuff on the net offering other than the simplest of direction. Dig deep, tho and it turns out to be really really cool.

The other thing i dont like about Avid is the Color Correction, mostly i havent figured out a way to get the scopes in there own detachable windows and the scopes dont update realtime either. Kind of bugs a little bit when doing pre grading and the like.

As far as it being an Editor, hands down for me the most stable, and intuitive NLE.

I can see Premiere being the next "logical" step from FCP classic but i dont know. Im still not sold, and still have yet to hear any buzz about in Los Angeles. That said, im pretty confident, that i could jump on w/o much training and get er done so im not worried about learning it YET. We'll see what the future holds.

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]