APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: FCP Legacy FCPX FCPX Techniques FCP Tutorials Basics Forum Podcast

Re: macbook air and fcpx- the new portable edit suite

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy NeilRe: macbook air and fcpx- the new portable edit suite
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 6:42:25 pm

[Tim Wilson] "...oh yeah, and then completely discard anything resembling a standard for a new interface (the Magic Mushroom...I mean, Magic Trackpad) that's not all that helpful for professional media production, and only arguably a step forward because of the basic functionality it leaves out -- unless you're willing to climb a meaningful learning curve (Apple actually includes HELP videos to teach you how to use it, all in the name of progress."

You know, I was surprised by how well some of the trackpad gestures worked when working on my laptop (I'm new to the laptop world). For a desktop, I could definitely see a new paradigm to the mouse where you use a two-handed trackpad perhaps with a display (like an ipad but larger). Perhaps it even replaces the keyboard as well (although I prefer typing on actual keys).

An industry standard is only an industry standard until it's not. Remember when phones used to have buttons on them?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved