APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX may work, for some projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Kenny
Re: FCPX may work, for some projects
on Sep 24, 2011 at 12:22:16 pm

[Richard Johnson] "Thanks for the response Marvin. I didn't necessarily mean that protools would adopt FCPXML but simply give it support. I'm not exactly sure how these things work and why Apple didn't simply release an XML that was already a standard and compatible with other software. Really though, I don't know much at all about XML protocols so it may not have been an option. "

There isn't really some vendor-neutral industry standard XML format for moving video/audio sequences around. Earlier versions of FCP used their own format as well, for which third-party tools had to initially add support. FCP X's radically different timeline structure would have made that earlier XML format extremely awkward for the new app, so Apple created a new one. Third parties seem to be lining up fairly quickly to support it. (Blackmagic, for instance, seems to be planning to support it in Resolve 8.1, which is due before the end of the month.)

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]