APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX may work, for some projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: FCPX may work, for some projects
on Sep 23, 2011 at 11:22:36 pm

there are pervasive problems in executing free form editing decisions in FCPX - really - read the post i put up there, it gets to the point.

my three year old lappie barely supports the system, so I'm reduced to standing in london apple shops cutting on display imacs until the shop hands hover intimidatingly close.

there are true structural problems with basic editing function in the application. the strange steps required to expose basic function with audio handling, or core music based editing, which i do a fair bit of are very surprising

I'm short form say - this is how I say use FCP as an editing base with AE on top

and this one is particularly music based,

FCPX's handling of music, the role of the primary, the connected clips stuff, I've really messed around and its truly problematic. Its an encapsulation of editing, its not the action of editing itself. you really need a truly disinterested, calm and clean track based editor to get anything done i feel.

I do not believe pre-canned methodology - as a basic proposition - can work. Apple may say that they can boil down professional pursuits within their creative arts gamut, but I would like to see them try that for the supporting applications for architects say. I would be very curious to see their simplified intersections of science and technology as it applies to the software supporting structural beams.

I don't think this is actually an editing application as commonly defined. I'm not sure what it is. But it is not a canvas of editing in basic broad use scenarios. It breaks way too easily. it's made of china.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]