APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPX may work, for some projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Hancock
Re: FCPX may work, for some projects
on Sep 23, 2011 at 4:04:14 pm

[Sean Thomas] "But the first part is obvious - these are all 10 year old apps. Not much change.
"

There have been tremendous strides in the last 10 years, but the core function of editing has remained relatively unchanged. There may be a reason for that - wheels have been round since their inception and remained that way because they work.

[Sean Thomas] "Who has the balls to do something different - think differnt....."

Different ≠ Better. For different to be better there must be a demonstrable improvement. The onus is on Apple to prove that their UI (and change in terminology) is step forward in editing. All I've seen from them promoting it are a couple of videos on their website that show me they don't know how to use the other software efficiently and seem to have solved problems with them that don't actually exist. So I'm not convinced their vision of how to construct an edit and how a timeline should operate is in fact better. It's certainly different, but I'm not seeing the improvement over what everyone else is doing. That's what I'm hoping someone will show me.

[Sean Thomas] "Editing in X is like getting out of a 10 year old junker car with 200,000 miles and then sitting in a new Ferarri. Sleek, refined and FAST. Can't get the whole family in there but it still works for some situations."

How familiar are you with Media Composer 5.5 and CS5.5? If it's been a while since you're tried other, you should download the trials. They're both incredibly fast (especially when you consider that Media Composer is still a 32-bit app). The interfaces haven't changed too much, but under the hood the engines are getting faster and faster and faster.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]