APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

My wish is

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Herd
My wish is
on May 19, 2011 at 4:57:19 pm

That Color is fixed. Don't get me wrong, the images look great. The problem is the file management bs. It is so messed up there really is no way to make it worse.

Here's what I am doing, for this particular project. My deliverable is color timed shots. There's a bunch of 'em. The assemble edit will be made next. I'm setting the look as soon as possible.

So I logged and transferred the P2 and labeled each shot and entered the Scene name. Then I made individual bins for each scene and organized accordingly. Then I made sequences, dumped all the footage into the timeline and send to... color. Of course, I then reset all the folder and file management bs. Color timed and rendered to APR422.

here's where it gets stupider! Next scene, new sequence, send to... Color. What happened? I'll bet you already know this. It auto-saved the new scene as a subfolder in the first scene.

Now come on Apple! I'm a big boy. I don't need my hand held via autosave bs. Please don't try and guess my workflow. I want to decide it. I mean, before anything happened in FCP, I had to set all the FCP scratch disk info anyway, so why couldn't that info just be sent to... Color also along with the sequence and project?

Hello? Is anyone listening. (The wide shot above my head diminishing me as I scream to the sky) Anyone? Anyone at all?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]