Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary HuffRe: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:09:47 pm

Some of us can actually build our own PCs and don't experience any more downtime than a Mac with similar hardware would have if a component went out (plus, my PC doesn't have that "issue" like the new Mac Pros where the mouse doesn't work right if you have two monitors running on it).

I just spec'ed out my next upgrade (since I have a PC, I can just change out the guts and not the whole unit itself) and for the price of a basic Mac Pro tower, I can get Dual Xeon i7s (12 cores), Samsung SSD primary drive (the current speed leader), 16GB of DDR3 EEC RAM, and a GTX580, along with the new X-Fi Titanium HD sound card. Frankly, nothing Apple currently offers can compete, speed-wise, and I shudder to think what that would do with Premiere CS5.5 and H.264 footage (in a good way of course).

Plus, on my PC I have a Blu-ray burner, two DVD burners, and two external hard drive bays. Something else you can't really do with a Mac Pro, but that comes in handy on a regular basis. Now, more than ever, we have choices. But I just wonder if Apple will remove that choice before too long by not even offering typical workstations anymore.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]