APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCPx Glitch? Composition Settings do not work when retiming a clip.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Ohmit
Re: FCPx Glitch? Composition Settings do not work when retiming a clip.
on Aug 23, 2011 at 6:51:40 pm

I've figured something out....still struggling to make it look right.

- Composition Settings do NOT work in a Storyline. It wasn't the retiming that broke it, it was putting it into a story line, which I did to this and other clips in order to be able to put a transition on them.

- I can't add a transition to the clip unless it is in a Storyline or a Compound clip.

- Transitions do NOT work in Compound Clips - for the duration of the transition, the clip is solid black, and then suddenly comes on after the transition is over or the transition just has no effect.

The only solution I can find to this is to add a white fill generator than I can apply a transition to and lay it over the top, but it's not going to look the way I want it to.

yes, this portion of the video is an off-white background and I am trying to eliminate the pure white background of the animation clip I am using - normal solution is setting composite to darken or multiply. FCPx just added about 15 steps to accomplish this.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]