APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: I recommend everyone watch the entire SuperMeet "sneak"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Hustings
Re: I recommend everyone watch the entire SuperMeet "sneak"
on Apr 15, 2011 at 7:48:23 am

Thanks for the heads up David!

It certainly looks like a big step forward.. but as ever, it'll be hard to tell until we actually get to drive it ourselves. The magnetic timeline looks interesting as do the timing controls and dynamic waveforms. I've always been a little wary of 1.0 releases though so I think I'm going to stick with cautious optimism for now! (and set aside a mac for testing purposes!)
I will be interested to see how FCP X handles the system architecture. Will it still be hard drive based or will it be project based? The 'Final Cut Pro Documents' folder works well for tape based media, but there was a definite slant in this presentation towards tapless media, which as we all know, never makes it into the Capture Scratch folder. I wonder if FCPX will allow for a more dynamic project based folder/scratch structure where all media from any source will end up in the same location? (Or whatever the user desires)

I also hope Apple are in cahoots with Lynda.com or Larry Jordan etc for the roll out as it would be extremely useful to have access to some decent video tutorials to help us through the early transitional period.

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]