APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Thoughts on FCPX from Oliver Peters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Giberti
Re: Thoughts on FCPX from Oliver Peters
on Jul 23, 2011 at 10:01:29 pm

"Many of us dont have the temporal luxury to "just explore" all the nle alternatives.unfortunately. Sometimes Im learning new software (i.e. Cameratracker in AE) because I have a project that needs it. With the clock ticking I need to make a decision about the best way to go (based on minimal research and gut instincts) and start learning a new system that does what I need it to do. Luckily the ducks lined right up for Adobe CS5.5 for me. I used AE for years. PrP was very similar to FCP (what FCP 8 should have been) and it was reborn with the power and capabilities I need for my work flow. AS a student or a hobbyist I might try to spend the time necessary to get familiar with other vendors. But that just isn't going to fit into my timetable. All my energy is focused on building new muscle memory with Adobe"

This pretty much mirrors the quandary for us and the reason it looks like we're going to put the new "muscle memory" into X and Motion. After exploring the new PrP I agree in many ways it is what I hoped FCPX would be. But in our small shop there are two of us with a lot of experience and projects designed in Motion but little to no experience in AE. We would have to put a good deal more time into AE than the new X concept.

It really is a timetable thing and I've changed my view regarding FCP7 in the last few weeks. I've always looked at all of our creative work as payed growth opportunities. You should always be investing you're creative time into improving and enhancing skills. With this POV and the new choices X has forced, it's hard to look backwards at a EOL'd technology for the spate of new projects coming up.

It's not a choice I was planning to make but having made it I hope Apple validates it going forward.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]