APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mitch Ives
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:56:58 pm

[Walter Soyka] "[Bill Davis] "All we can do is keep trying to do our work well - but all the careful lighting, camera setting, and production values mean nothing if at the point of some DA, comb filter or software transcoding hash table strips out our careful work and displays a MESS to the public."

Yes, we must continue trying to do our work well, but let's take it a step further. We must reinforce to other professionals the importance of doing our work well -- not only to preserve the value we as an industry have to offer, but also in order to preserve the good old-fashioned notion of pride of workmanship.

There are three ways to do something: wrong, good enough, and right. I believe that "good enough" usually isn't, and I see the "good enough" bar being lowered every day. That's why we should all aim for right.

I will go down with this ship if I must. "

Well said. Bill's point is right, but you make the same point I've been trying to make... a more important point IMO. If we don't continue to do things absolutely correct, then why shouldn't they just use a high school student to do their work. We're handing our own gun over to somebody to be shot with it. Does that make good business sense?

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com
http://www.insightproductions.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]