APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Brown
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?
on Jul 22, 2011 at 8:53:52 am

[Michael Hancock] "That's why I'll leave FCP7 and not use FCPX. If FCPX grows into an app that will work in our facility, maybe it will get tested. But by the time that happens we'll already have established new workflows around Premiere or Avid so there really wouldn't be a need to switch. It would have to offer a substantial savings in time (exponentially more efficiencies) to get me to come back. I don't believe it will do that, at least not fast enough to stop us from switching.
"

Yeah that's the interesting thing. In order for X to become viable for pro use, it will have to significantly surpass Avid and Adobe in some major way and while Avid and Adobe will have had a multi year head start. And it seems Apple doesn't even really plan on doing that.

The X proponents seem to miss that "being different" is not only, not necessarily better, but often a severe liability. I personally think Apple runs the risk of innovating themselves right into obscurity. People will only take having their lives re-designed so far and just start ignoring them after a while like many are now.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]