APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Herb Sevush
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)
on Jul 22, 2011 at 12:16:41 am

"now you're telling me that I'm wrong about what I meant?"

No, I'm saying you're unaware of what you mean. The fact that you can't see the condescension you speak doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's quite common. Most people speak unconsciously most of their lives.

As in this very next sentence.

"I did not, do not, and never have knowingly had an interest in demeaning those who feel that they need to stick with their current software."

We don't need to stick with our current software, because we can't. We are "bravely experimenting" with new platforms that meet our needs, in a way that FCPX doesn't. So you're not demeaning people who feel they need to stick with their current software, your demeaning people who can't stick with their current software because it no longer exists.

It's like your consistent use of the word "abandon" in some of your posts. The context is that WE, the complainers, are abandoning FCP. No one here is abandoning FCP, Apple has abandoned us. And no one here is abandoning FCPX, because we were never a part of it. You can't abandon someone who has thrown you out, and you can't abandon someplace you've never been.

I don't retract anything I've said here. You are the one that's been passing judgement on the way others communicate. It doesn't surprise me that you are unable to turn that same critical eye upon yourself.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]