APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)
on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:41:13 pm

Nowhere in my post do you see the word COWARD. That's a mental implication that you leapt to. and I'm telling you it's your SPIN, not my writing.

That you choose to see the terms "comfortable and safe" to be condescending - directly flies in the face of most of the world for whom those words are both empowering and valued on their face. Without TONE - which is your imagined implication here, they are just what they appear to be. Positive statements about something. You cannot re-define them as what you want merely because you elect to read them with an imaginary tone you invent.

You characterize my wording as containing an analog to the term 'obsequiousness"

I "double dog dare you" (in the fine schoolyard fashion to which this is rapidly descending) to find any word I uses that shows that term as part of any synonym listing. If you can't - your argument that this was my intent fails on it's face.

You're spinning, not arguing based on facts.

You simply over-layed an emotional interpretation that I never intended on what I actually said and even tho I've come and clearly stated that what I wrote NEVER had the intent you ascribe to it, now you're telling me that I'm wrong about what I meant?

This is entrenched thinking at its worst.

Once again, I'll say it in plain english.

I did not, do not, and never have knowingly had an interest in demeaning those who feel that they need to stick with their current software. Further, I openly acknowledge that there are many very legitimate reasons that FCP-X will fail any number of tests to be an appropriate choice for many users.

Is THAT clear enough for you? Or would you like to work equally hard to find a way to paint this statement with a your perception of some whiff of thinly veiled condesention on my part?

Back to you.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]