APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Robert Brown
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:18:14 am

A big thing is if you make a living as a free lance FCP editor then you know as soon as Apple made the announcement that the clock is ticking for how long that will be a valuable skill and that you'd better at least start taking a look and figure out what direction you are going to go.

Apple defined FCPX very clearly as a MAYBE. It already had been one for the last couple of years with it's shortcomings becoming more and more clear but we had hope that with the new release we could all relax as the new FCP would fix all of that and give FCP years more as a dominant player. They couldn't have gone more in the opposite direction of what many people had wanted. For myself I wanted the old FCP timeline but with the performance of PPro.

But sure I will still do work in FCP as long as people pay me to but the clock is definitely ticking. And I have spoken to some pretty big management types in broadcast and they already are not seeing FCPX as part of their future plans and are also looking at the alternatives. Now's not the time to wait.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]