APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Kenny
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW? (kinda long)
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:23:41 am

[Walter Soyka] "I specifically said in the post you responded to that hardware-calibrated wide gamut monitors would offer better accuracy than soft-calibrated 8-bit displays."

Err... it sounded like the "wide gamut monitors" you were referring to were something other than ColorSync-calibrated computer displays. Reading it again, I'm still not entirely sure I understand your position.

[Walter Soyka] "Black levels vary wildly on standard computer displays. This is a fundamental technical reason why they may not accurately display video color. It's inherent in the panel, and you can't fix it with color management."

If by "black levels" you mean the physical luminance of full black, this varies widely across displays and projectors in general, even professional gear, especially across different device types. I don't see this being a major problem.

[Walter Soyka] "Because it's not here now, we don't know when it's coming, and Matrox has said the hooks don't exist."

Any hooks would be in AV Foundation, not FCP X itself, and AV Foundation was private in Snow Leopard, so of course the hooks didn't exist. We'll probably find out in the next week or two if Lion has changed that, or if Apple is still working on this aspect of AV Foundation.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]