APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie Franklin
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 7:41:57 pm

[Gareth Randall] "That might be a dumb question, but it's a genuine one - why?"

Usually people have been quite vocal as to "why"...

I've been waiting for years to get something "like" Adobe CS5's Premiere Pro out of Apple. So why wait when they are no longer offering something as flexible and fast? Why wait for something that should have been everything Abode is offering but better...?

Just imagine if they *added* the organizational aspects of X and 64bit into Final Cut Studio, kept Color and worked on the kinks...

There wouldn't be a backlash as loud, there wouldn't be people jumping ship, the praise would out-shout any real criticisms. Instead of this WTF

Personally, it was a matter of two things. 1) FCx wasn't flexible, I can't even save-as or import custom aspect ratios. /eyeroll 2) There are much better products on the market and while they may change course, right now, they are offering products everything FCx should have been and more...so the question is, why wait? Especially for those of us that have tried it out and gave it an F-

And seriously, even if it had everything else I need moving forward, that timeline doesn't lend itself to being more creative, it's assembly line junk. I spelled out pretty much everything that drove me to FC7 in a post once, detailing how the flexibility allowed me to work as I choose to work, a process that gave me the ability to mine material as I saw fit and has been instrumental in my creative workflow...that was the revolution...flexibility

The response..."now you can do it faster and go out for a few beers with your friends"...completely missing the point of *the process* not just the result...

In the end, the redeeming qualities of X are a microcosm to the relationship between an editor and his timeline. A timeline should be a "canvas" not a constrained super-locomotive on magnetic rails. THAT is what Apple just doesn't get...the sad part is, they once did....

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]