APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Walsh
Re: Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:40:48 pm

I'm with Gary. I'm not switching yet, but I'm taking the $300 I would have spent on FCPX and putting it toward the Adobe Suite.

The ability to open legacy projects is crucial. I kept my discreet *edit system running until 2008, and I was still cutting on it 3 or 4 times a year, because I had so many old projects on it. I do miss *edit even today. I could unarchive a project, open a timeline, and have an undo list of every edit I had made four years ago. I could step all the way back to an empty timeline if I so desired. Plus I miss real time all the time.

But hey, times change. I'm sure there will be things about FCP 7 that I'll miss (STP, DVD studio), that will never be the same or as easy or as good, no matter if I end up in five years on FCP X, or PPro, or Avid. And for those that decry the tone of this forum, the *edit forum was like this for a year or more, as was XPRI, Media 100, etc. at different points. It's the circle of life, or swirl of EOL.

Chris Walsh

http://www.musicfog.com
Silver Spring, MD
Final Cut & AVID MC5
Former Windows User and edit* lover

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]