APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gareth Randall
Why the urgency to jump to Avid/Adobe RIGHT NOW?
on Jul 20, 2011 at 6:14:09 pm

I've read many comments from professionals using FCP7 who have basically said that in response to FCPX, they're going to jump to Adobe or Avid. I'm just a bit confused as to why they've announced this course of action so soon after FCPX was launched.

That might be a dumb question, but it's a genuine one - why? Why not simply stay with FCP7 and see what happens to FCPX over the next year or so, and then make your decision? Why the urgency to make the change right now?

Is it because they didn't like FCP7 and were only sticking with it because of what they thought the next generation of the app would provide?

Or is it because they're trying to send a message to Apple in hopes that they will reinstate the "missing" features faster than they were otherwise planning?

From my own personal POV (and that of the company I work for), FCPX isn't yet ready for prime-time, but since FCP7 still does exactly what I need it to do, I'm quite happy to stick with it. I can't help wondering: if FCPX had actually been nothing more than a 64-bit rewrite of FCP7 (i.e. no substantive new features), would there still be as many people shouting that they're going to abandon ship?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]