APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Since when was the law written you had to upgrade to the latest?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Hurwitz
Re: Since when was the law written you had to upgrade to the latest?
on Apr 26, 2011 at 9:30:54 pm

"by cam khoury on Apr 26, 2011 at 11:54:14 am

Fair enough Craig but I think we have to consider the true nature of what Final Cut is really doing for us as professional editors. In and of itself, FC is just a basic editor and when compared side-by-side with Avid it's feature set was weak. For instance, Avid provided (and continues to provide) animatte, excellent keying, tracking, exceptional motion effects, cloning, painting and so on all in a unified interface. FC offered none of these. The best FC could offer was a cheaper cost point especially when installed with third-party hardware such as Aja and BM."

Ah Here is the real NUB of IT
I get a kick out of all the Pissing and Moaning about what will
or will not be. I don't know anyone or any edit house that bought into FCP because it was better or even close to Avid 9 or 10 years ago, But it was way way CHEAPER. End of story
How many here are in their own shops now because of the entry point
in terms of dollars that FCP offered? Who cares what is or is not going to be in the new FCPX? Avid and Adobe have now adjusted their
pricing to be more in line. So the solution is now PICK WHAT
YOU WANT, there is not going to be a huge cost difference.
What most are worried about is What is it going to cost if I decide to switch? What have you all done, subjugated your free will
to APPLE. Throw the hammer back at APPLE.
I quaranty they are more worried about how many Ipads and
Iphones they sell in MAY than the amount of FCPX they sell in the next 10 years.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]