APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Top 10 Dying industries...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Richard Clark
Re: Top 10 Dying industries...
on Apr 6, 2011 at 1:02:27 am

change is one of the guaranteed aspects of life but the one we struggle with the most, post production has changed remarkably since I began as a cutting room assistant back in the 60's. I have loved staying on the edge of new technologies and today my studio is as powerful as anything I have ever worked with and . . . it all fits in my briefcase :) my experience in Sydney, New York and Hollywood have shown me that 'Bloat' is a huge post issue. Bloated services and bloated fees and, of course, bloated egos. Back in New Zealand, continuing to edit, I look at Peter Jackson's model of film making and post production and see a commitment to an Industry. From shoot to screen, they have just opened a fully restored Roxy Cinema in Wellington and they appear to have no shortage of clients flying to the South Pacific. Attitude is everything in my book and flavors come and flavors go, Wellington will have it's day and then somewhere else on the planet will become the 'In' thing. Human nature I guess. So panic not and do the thing you most want to do in life, it may not even be in Film :) Coming home to my roots I have discovered photography and writing, fancy that.

Richard Clark's kiwicafe.com
Film | Photography | Writing
http://www.kiwicafe.com/
Aotearoa New Zealand

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]