APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Top 10 Dying industries...

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter Soyka
Re: Top 10 Dying industries...
on Apr 5, 2011 at 2:38:14 am

Unless you've got a couple Alchemists sitting next to your rack of HDCAM decks, I don't believe this analysis considers you a post house.

A notable quote from the article:
Video Postproduction is the second notable information industry that is exhibiting steep declines. Technological advances, particularly involving the widespread adoption of digital media have adversely affected the industry’s range of services, from editing and animation to archiving and format transfer. While the use of this technology is becoming widespread, it is undercutting the industry’s services since production companies can now do much of the work in-house.

I'm not really surprised to see one analysis that the post production industry is declining, followed by another claiming that the editor position is growing.

Technology has certainly disrupted our industry several times in the last few decades, and is disrupting it again now. It's bad for large, established companies with huge amounts of capital tied up in infrastructure, and it's good for smaller companies or even freelancers who can suddenly afford to get into post-production with a fraction of the investment previously required.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]