APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Frame WFH: Resolve remote grading

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Frame WFH: Resolve remote grading
on May 7, 2020 at 12:47:32 am

Good info. It all hinges around good internet and the ability to have camera originals uploaded. I don't see why I would need to upload camera originals rather than hi res proxies. For me the internet is a stumbling block plus the need to have my grade machine online. Both are issues. Ironically there are people and digging machines in my front yard putting in fibre that I cannot access into my home.

But in the future I will be able to access this fibre. Second problem is I could run Resolve in Linux. That way I can have the machines I want and the internet security. Ultimately though the preference is to have my clients with me in the room. Remote synchronous is a much bigger fiddle than travel and human connection. I can see with fast turnaround episodic TV how it might work but with one off documentaries, it means setting up complex conditions at the client end as well as my end.

I know he is selling Frame.io but there is absolutely no reason why it is needed in the remote setup he mentions. Personally it makes no sense to me to upload camera originals. My next job is sitting on a drive next to me while the edit is happening interstate. I will get an AAF via email and bingo.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]