APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What are we missing without NAB?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: What are we missing without NAB?
on May 3, 2020 at 3:14:54 pm

to simply answer the question "what are we missing without NAB" -
many feel "I do not need NAB - I can just look up what Adobe, Apple, Blackmagic, etc. is doing on their website, and see and learn the same thing".

Aside from the NETWORKING side of NAB (meeting people, talking to manufacturers in person, and clients in person) - the other thing that you do at these trade shows is discover new products, or get more info on products that you NEVER thought about. How many of you are using HP RGS ? I bet lots of you would be going over to the HP booth to find out more about remote workflow.

As all of this insanity goes on, and I monitor as many forums as possible in our industry - there are products that I have NEVER EVER paid attention to - not even for 2 seconds - and now these companies are starting to become important. Companies like vMix, LiveU, Unity Intercom are all becoming important companies. I never really paid attention to NDI - well, now I better start paying attention to it.
It's like when you take a new training course - you don't even know what questions to ask. But then you find out what these products do, and you say "gee - I don't get it - how does that work exactly" - and all of a sudden, you want to visit these companies to get an overview, and look at how their product works, and how it relates to you making a living.

So that's what we are missing without NAB. The new products, that do things that you are not even thinking about - but now all of a sudden, you say to yourself "boy, I wish I knew more about HP RGS or Teradici". If NAB 2021 happens, I feel that the #1 focus of that show will be all the products we work with, but how they work with REMOTE ACCESS (and not so much 8K, HDR, etc.).

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]