APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Back to Premiere. sigh.

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tom Sefton
Re: Back to Premiere. sigh.
on May 2, 2020 at 6:57:15 am

Gahhhhhh you can’t be serious.

Premiere makes our new Mac Pro with an afterburner look like an old PC from years back making the jump to HDCAM footage from DV. If this was skimming over the actual 8K red rushes it might be acceptable, but this is 2K ProRes LT proxies - created in media encoder and stored in the root project folder called PROXIES. And somehow the search function still wants to go burrowing through my user library like some kind of hyperactive toddler with a short attention span.

Want to change your timeline resolution in premiere? Nope. Create a new one and copy all your media there. I might add that this was a timeline of the resolution 1280x720 with 2K footage in there. Is this normal? Really? Do people actually accept this level of performance in premiere just because they’ve been told that fcpx is hard to use and difficult to understand and you need to rethink your approach to editing and all that jazz?

Fcpx? Just change it. It’s that easy. As well as bouncing up to HDR or modifying your audio channels.

Skim your play head around the timeline in premiere - it sticks to random sections like (molasses) and when you hit space bar it thinks. Not for long, but long enough for you to believe that something is happening....it’s no longer part of your finger or your thought, it’s now an obvious machine that has to think to do something of your bidding. Fcpx is so fast and reactive that you forget a machine is there.

Just as a test I thought I’d sling the same footage at premiere that we are working on in fcpx. Multiple layers of 4/6K 60p ProRes 4444 footage with 2 colour adjustment layers on each, masks etc.. That....was hilarious.

However - I jumped back into tracks with audio mixing like it was 2008. That’s quite a nice trip down memory lane - like meeting up with an old friend for a chat about music you like, until you realise they’ve been taking crystal meth for 12 years and they now can’t talk for 30s without swatting away imaginary flies.

I know it’s another string to your bow as an editor, but how has premiere seemingly got worse than resolve?

Co-owner at Pollen Studio
http://www.pollenstudio.co.uk

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]