APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 23, 2020 at 11:52:21 pm

[Oliver Peters] "I would even venture to say that quite possibly this might even be free to people who already own FCPX. After all, it would only run on the newest iPad Pro, which you would have to buy anyway. But what would really seal the deal is a viable method of sharing - possibly only synced Libraries and proxy media via iCloud. Money comes in via an in-app purchase of more cloud space."

That's exactly how I see it. If you own FCPX, you own it. Otherwise, Apple has a two-pronged pitch. One, if you own X and want to run it in a set of contexts that can be expanded by an iPad, buy a new iPad Pro plus One)a): if you have a new iPad Pro already, yes, no need to limit yourself to Rush. Two, there's this nifty new combination of X and iPad Pro that will make some people sit up and take notice and maybe buy 'em both.

In any case, it's all about creating new, incremental sales that lead to new services, increased stickiness to the Apple ecosystem with new stuff to store on iCloud, paying for more space, etc.

[Oliver Peters] "Clearly Apple sees the pro side of the iPad, which is why Adobe, Affinity, Pixelmator and others are being coaxed into bringing more heavy-weight apps to the iPadOS environment. "

I wouldn't expect to see the full version of Media Composer, although now that I think about it, why not? The new version is very much about optimizing for the single-screen experience. But I would absolutely expect to see things like logging and other set-related functions, as well as tasks related to assistant editing.

We've already seen Grant demo insane things from Blackmagic on both MacBook Pros and iPhones, but I can imagine a whole new suite of experiences for remote production optimized for iPad Pro in the very near future -- anything from camera setup, to pre-grading, to switcher functions. The more, the merrier.

This gets to a point I made earlier, that Apple's hardware opportunity is ALWAYS going to be larger for non-Apple software running on Apple kit, whether it's Adobe, Microsoft, Google, or anything else. That's true for professional software as much as it is for business and recreational software.

There's already been some very interesting audio things happening on iPads, especially for music creation, and I'm genuinely excited for what might happen for heavy lifting with video.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]