APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Perchert
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?
on Apr 23, 2020 at 10:54:35 pm

Thanks Tim! I must say, I am a little late to this party. I have been fortunate to have made the switch to working from home pretty quickly over a month ago now and have been quite busy since. I work for a local TV media group, which is owned by a large corporation. I am doing mainly local client commercials, but also some station promotions.
The local commercials have been thinning out drastically. I've had some larger projects in the works that had started to steam roll, so they have kept me occupied. Along with the various projects that have popped up. Most have been adding crawls and tags to client spots letting people know they are still open for business. But, I have had to go shoot some video, keeping people at distance, using a boom microphone, covering up face, using sanitizer frequently, and generally trying not to have more than 5 people at a shoot - if possible.

Have had to shuttle some projects on Hard drive between work and home, or transferring via VPN to Dropbox. Even small graphic changes via Google Remote Desktop!
I will say, I feel for those working all the time on Adobe on a PC now. I never realized it, but things are so much easier on a Mac! Fortunately, my PC is up to the editing challenges though. I miss the little things, like Mac previews for video/graphics/audio. ☺ Please, don't judge.

We're already making plans on how we'll migrate people back after "Stay at home" orders are lifted. It won't be all at once. It will be a little at a time. But things will be different, especially when shooting. I think we'll be stuck with this social distancing for a while. Which the sales handshake will be a thing of the past, at least for a while. The coffee shop group may be gone for awhile. This will require, in the short run, re-thinking shots. I already did some open area shoots during this pandemic, keeping people apart and shooting at angles to make them appear a little closer than they were.

Sorry Tim, I'm going on more than I should. ☺
I've enjoyed reading what people have had to say. I always enjoy Bob Z's take on things - I've been on the 'other' side of some of his comments. But always appreciate them and the way he doesn't sugar coat it.
Thanks for the invite!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]