APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 23, 2020 at 10:11:20 pm

[Mathieu Ghekiere] "

I was coming to share this very image! When it comes to Mac rumors, you can take Jon to the bank.

In fact, there was an article about him in MacWorld just a few days ago, "Meet Jon Prosser, the new Apple rumormonger who hasn’t missed yet".

It's been a while since there's been anyone in the Apple community who carried this kind of weight. Maybe John Gruber at Daring Fireball a few years back (not that he's not still around of course), but really, maybe not since the days of MacWeek in the 90s. A true controlled circulation magazine that you had to reapply for each year, and by no means was everybody renewed each time, it came to be known as MacLeak. I'll bet you can guess exactly when in the 90s it came to an end, and I'll bet you can guess exactly why.

Jon had actually brought up the idea of Pro Apps on iOS a few days earlier, just from looking at the code. (There used to be a lot more of this kind of reporting, too, and I'm glad to see him reviving it.)

The "You can trust me or not" caveat in his first tweet comes from people refusing to believe him, even though he keeps delivering the goods. No doubt, one of these days he's going to be wrong, perhaps intentionally discredited by leaked disinformation, but I've been impressed by his efforts to get multiple sources. Any disinformation campaign could become the story pretty quickly. In the meantime, no kidding, you can take this to the bank.

Me, nobody tells me nuthin'. LOL I'm just reading the tea leaves like most everybody else. It really seemed the only possible next step, and more than that, the BEST next step for both Apple and its customers. Those don't come along often, so again, even if this move isn't for YOU, it's something to cheer for the health of the company and the world of Pro Apps including FCPX.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]