APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 22, 2020 at 5:36:45 pm
Last Edited By Oliver Peters on Apr 22, 2020 at 5:39:08 pm

[Tim Wilson] "They could, but I don't think they would. They've had nearly a decade to kick that idea around, and it hasn't bubbled up yet, I think because the downside would be higher than the upside. Every headline would be negative, to say the least. "Doubled the price for early adopters" or some such."

I think one thing that skews this argument is Apple itself. You are using metrics that make sense for a normal company. I really doubt Apple cares much whether or not their applications make a profit.

I'm sure they do, but for Apple, selling applications is a marketing expense, based on their unified accounting system across all sections of the company. I could be wrong (and I have no inside information), but from everything that's been written about Apple, I highly doubt that ProApps runs its own P&L accounting.

Whatever decisions are made are solely based on what makes sense for Apple as a whole. That's why FCPX on an iPad Pro makes a lot of sense. It improves the posture of iPad Pro as a "computer."

That's why ProApps is not like Filemaker, which to my knowledge is Apple's only branded applications subsidiary.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]