APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 22, 2020 at 12:51:27 am

NAB as an event seems to be a deadline for a lot of new releases and updates. I'm sure that's why Adobe just released Productions, because they had timed it for NAB. Blackmagic should, by all previous history, have launched resolve 17b1 by today and maybe something about their camera range. The fact they went early with the ATEM Pro suggests the focus changed with the cancellation of NAB and they have held back and pushed things that are more strategically important at the moment.

Indeed a point release of Resolve was dropped yesterday 16.2.1 so my guess is they put a few improvements from the impending 17beta back into 16 and are going slower with the next release. Not a bad thing.

I see no significance in whether Apple offer any X updates right now. I think we have become so used to the big NAB drops that we are left wondering why not much has happened this week. It's a bit like Christmas has been canceled. It must be frustrating for X users but Apple must be much more concerned about getting their new iPhone made and distributed.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]