APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 21, 2020 at 4:45:48 pm

[Oliver Peters] "If there were FCPX for the iPad Pro, who here would shift to that version exclusively?"

Who talked about exclusively?

If I'm on the lookout now for a new app, for instance, a writing app. If they don't have a mobile app, it decreases the attractiveness for me to buy into the 'platform' of the app, if there is competition that has it.

I use FCPX exclusively for editing on my iMac. I'm happy of my iMac, and I'm not planning to get rid of it. To the contrary, if it fails tomorrow, I'll buy another iMac. BUT that doesn't mean that if I could do editing on an iPad with the platform I'm already used to, I would be an attractive bonus AND I can imagine it being an interesting selling feature for people on the lookout to a new NLE, if they are comparing.

It is indeed also a question that IF Apple would release FCPX for iPad, if there would also be a rethinking of proxys, iCloud, collaboration, etc. ... If this would all hang together or if it would be just an FCPX lite for iPad. Who knows. It is fun to speculate.

I also am happy with FCPX like it is now, and the magnetic timeline, the way of organizing, I couldn't go back to anything else, IMO. That doesn't mean you don't want some feature updates after almost 2 years. It's a bit of a weird logic that because you are happy in general with a software package, you don't want some feature updates. You can be happy with a software package and still think it's not perfect or complete.

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]