APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 21, 2020 at 12:02:23 pm

I understand that notion. I also want to have feature updates after 2 years of very little in term of new features for FCPX, but I do have other conflicting thoughts about it as well.
Let's, for a second, hypothesize on Apple spending all their efforts the past years of making their Pro Apps for the iPad, why we haven't gotten a lot of feature updates:

1. Won't it make the whole FCPX platform a lot more attractive for editors? Luma Fusion doesn't have a professional NLE on the desktop. Adobe doesn't have full featured apps on a mobile platform. BlackMagic doesn't. If Apple has this, it is a competitive advantage in a world where a lot of director's, editors etc. *have* iPads and love them for their portability, 4G connectivity and flexibility (pencil, tablet-only, now with mouse support, optional keyboards, etc...)

2. If Apple is going for a switch to ARM for all their computers, (which a lot of sources have said would start hardware-wise in end 2020-mid 2021) isn't this something they have to prepare for anyway? Like they have to write an ARM-version of FCPX anyway, so why not start it already 2 years ago, and make sure you can make a splash announcement at WWDC 2020 where all of this comes together? To tell a full story, which we all know Apple loves to do at their keynotes, especially for developers: "This is iPadOS 14. We want to transition all our computers to ARM. We already have MacOS ready for ARM processors, and we got a gain of XX procent in battery life on a Macbook Air, XX procent of computing render speed differences on our own chips in comparison with an Intel i5. And to top it off, with iPadOS 14 we are introducing all our Pro Apps, FCPX, Logic Pro X and Xcode for iPad OS to show you all it's possible, our team did this."

3. If Apple would release all it's pro apps for the iPad, it's also a goalpost for other developers, including 'indies' like Pixelmator and Affinity, but also big companies like Adobe: the iPad is a pro device. A big part of our future (see point 3 above about the ARM transition). "We (Apple) are taking the limits of the iPad one by one, and you should as well." ?

- Will the whole rewrite, a small decade after the introduction of FCPX, make new features easier to implement? Taking advantage of CloudKit, having both your own chips and your own software, etc. ...?

https://mathieughekiere.wordpress.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]