APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FcpX 10.5?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Alan
Re: FcpX 10.5?
on Apr 19, 2020 at 8:35:33 pm

That goes back to JOBS. I think he did not want other companies to steal his ideas. But it never was very good for end users. What was worse? EOLing apps instead of updating them or until a new app truly replaced them. What happened to Photos replacing Aperture? They said it would replace Aperture and iPhoto. That was an interesting idea. There is no reason that a hobbyist can't use pro apps. Pro apps, and equipment for that matter, are easier not harder to use. Pro apps are designed to work, not limit what it can do to be easy. More hobbyist and pros in the industry, who were not pro editors, used FCP than full time pro editors. The learning curve is about the same and by using pro apps you will be using concepts and vocabulary that will exist a lot longer and you'll be using a vocabulary and techniques that will work with a lot of gear and apps not just a given one. Take Photos instead of the Photos that was going to replace Aperture. There is no problem with its RAM processing or how the app functions; but it very limited in features. Apple literally tells people to use Creative Cloud. Aperture and what we expected from Photos was never going to replace Creative Cloud; but it was a great alternative. I was really looking forward to Photos. Creative Cloud to me is more like digital painting than photo editing. It obviously can do both; but I don't need to paint. I just want to edit and store my shots. Aperture was getting old. I expected better. Particularly since Apple did get FCP X way better than when it first came out. Now its a great deal. Too bad Apple helped Adobe make lots of $$$ by FCP X not be ready for prime time and Aperture not be updated and then EOL. It has allowed monthly payments to be a norm. The school where I teach Video Production wants to offer it to all the students. I think its a bad idea. What happens when they graduate? Many of them won't be able to afford it.

Imacs (i7), Canon C300, Canon 5D Mark IV, Panasonic ENG HPX250P, , FCP X, teach video production in L.A., Cool Light Productions, Producing series of multimedia Portraits of creative women in the production arts.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]