APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Catalina issues?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: Catalina issues?
on Mar 27, 2020 at 3:56:05 am

Thanks for the info, Jeremy!

28TB in HDs arrived today so I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend ☺

I'll definitely ping you when I do the upgrade to make sure this stuff is resolved.

btw, a PSA for all of you:

Do not, I repeat DO NOT buy your HDs from Amazon. Here's why:

Even thought drives are available by brand and most have warranty info in the description. 99% of the drives sold are via third-party sellers and DO NOT have a manufacturers warranty. This is often disclosed in small print and not obvious. If you buy a drive and it's not packed in a manufacturer's box, it will likely NOT be covered by the drive manufacturer.

I learned this the hard way when I had to RMA an entire RAID set of 5 8TB Segate Enterprise drives. Even though the drives showed eligibility for RMA return on the Seagate website, as I worked thru the case with support, the rep told the drives weren't actually covered because of their sourcing.

To Seagate's credit, the rep was able to get an exception and replaced the entire set, sending new replacement drives without me having to return the old drives first. Thank you Seagate.

Bottom line - buy drives from B&H. Their drives all come with a real warranty.

linkedIn: http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
vimeo: vimeo.com/dlawrence
facebook: /dlawrence
twitter: @dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]