APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Catalina issues?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: Catalina issues?
on Mar 24, 2020 at 11:08:38 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "TB3 or USB-C or most any other direct connect drive will be just fine!"

Great news, last thing I want to deal with are macOS bugs while backing up 20Tb of stuff!

[Jeremy Garchow] "The problem is specific to network shares over 10Gb and SMB or NFS and an obscured setting called "server performance mode"."

Good to know. I have a ReadyNAS Pro I don't currently use for production. I'm planning to upgrade it - the plan being retire the current RAID set, get a second, newer ReadyNAS and use this older one for backup, and load them all with 8-10Tb drives. The new ReadyNAS will have 10Gb ethernet and with a direct connection to my PC should deliver SSD-comparable speeds with huge amounts of space.

At that point I'll definitely be connecting to 10Tb+ size volumes and doing heavy loads over SMB. Hopefully Catalina will be fixed by then, but if not, what is the "server performance mode" setting tweak for future reference?

Thanks!

linkedIn: http://lnkd.in/Cfz92F
vimeo: vimeo.com/dlawrence
facebook: /dlawrence
twitter: @dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]