APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Working from home

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Oliver Peters
Re: Working from home
on Mar 22, 2020 at 2:58:01 pm

[Mark Raudonis] "Good enough to edit with! Might be the holy grail everyone is looking for right now."

So what are you editing? Proxy files? If you send a multicam stream to the editor, I imagine the GPU is crunching that together on the remote machine and sending a single stream back to the editor. How is that stream compressed/throttled in order to see it in realtime at full frame rate at home?

As I understand it - and again their website is very vague - you're running a virtual machine to drive the actual machine located in the plant. Honestly, I'm out of my depth, so that could be completely wrong. If you are doing this from home and not the other side of the building, what is your connection from home into the machine?

Don't you still have to have assistant editors on-prem in order to ingest files and do other media management?

How is this different than Avid's remote editing solution through Media Central or the defunct Adobe Anywhere?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]