APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Sadwelkar
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?
on Mar 20, 2020 at 6:53:01 pm

I'm from the other side of the world - India.

We began our isolation/lockdown thing early in the game. when the count was under 5. Just 3 weeks ago. And now its crossed 200.

We stopped shaking hands for a month now. Most of us are used to folded hands 'namaste' anyway. We used to eat food with hands, but we stopped that. We rarely used hand sanitiser, but now we do, many times a day. We aren't natural 'huggers', but we are crowded enough to be close to each other in large numbers.

On Mar 01 we had 6 cases, on the 10th, 65, and today 223. Some say the number is low because there haven't been enough tests. But we have been quarantining and interaction tracking overseas visitors for nearly a month now. From tomorrow, all international flights will cease for a week.

As fas is our industry is concerned, we stopped all shoots on the 14th Mar. And edits will be moved to WFH (work from home) from today. Or stopped altogether for those who have to work out of a facility. All stores, malls, cinemas are shut for about a week now, and offices and other establishments will be shut down from tomorrow till the 31st March.

On Sunday we have the largest ever lockdown from 7am to 9pm as the Government tries to 'break the chain' by isolating the world's second largest population of 1.33 billion people for over 12 hours. Everything has been asked to be voluntarily shut an everybody indoors. Its called the 'People's Curfew'. If it works, we will probably repeated for a few days.

And on Sunday at 5pm, we are supposed to stand by our windows/balconies, and clap, beat a vessel or a drum, play a musical instrument, anything we feel like, as a show of appreciation for the countless health workers, airport security personnel, quarantine facility workers, Army, Police, everyone who are out there, so that we stay safe and healthy.
Depends on the response, this is likely to be the worlds largest creation of human noise.

For most of the editors I know, these days are an opportunity to catch up with family since most of us have a neglected family life. For others, its a good time to upgrade skills. Try out Fairlight, give FCP X another look, check out Fusion, or if your an FCP X head, then try out Avid, or Resolve.

Editors are used to being confined long hours in one room, so most are approaching it as "How hard can it be?" We'll soon find out I guess. Its one day at a time.

I hope you guys stay safe and healthy.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]