APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?
on Mar 20, 2020 at 3:18:20 am

I've been reluctant to post here, not because I am scared of facing the reality. I have read and was clued in early to the virus, the exponential nature of contagions, and the impact it was going to have. I know, not from an educated perspective but a ground work perspective, that people take a long time to come around to facts and shun the creeper fear of reality as a defense mechanism. That is to say, what is happening right now isn't a total shock. Most of us can't deal with a looming and exponential threat because the threat of slowing down at all means certain death, so why stop now?

What is a shock is that I feel like all of this could have been somewhat mitigated. I mean, yes, there has been death with more death coming. Certainly there is a LOT more sickness coming. But for most people, they will survive, despite this being a global pandemic. I understand that this will pass one way or another.

But damn, there is no circuit breaker. There is no backup. You can assign whatever politicking or political agenda or human being to this. This is all a fail.

And personally, I guess, I have been lucky enough to have business through 9/11 and 2008 and all of the ups and downs. Sometimes there wasn't a lot of business, but enough to get through.

There is nothing out there at the moment. Everything we did have on the books has cancelled, and the few ongoing gigs have already been paid in ‘19. I’m not sure what’s next. The impending US election doesn’t feel like enough. The talk of sending $1000 checks immediately to US citizens doesn’t seem like enough. The administration in charge is just straight up f*cking lying. Working harder isn’t going to do anything at this moment. Said another way, I do not think I will be able to work myself out of this moment, at least not in a way that I am used to working.

My son's school district is shut down for at least the next 30 days, and I imagine it will probably be the rest of the school year. I have been working with him to keep his schooling going as much as possible (2nd grade). His district pulled together a lot resources very quickly, for which I am thankful. So far, he's doing a good job of it, and it's pretty amazing to watch. He is working really hard at it, so therefore I am trying my best to help him to keep working hard at it. It's the only work I have right now, so why stop now?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]