APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?
on Mar 19, 2020 at 11:12:27 pm
Last Edited By Bob Zelin on Mar 19, 2020 at 11:15:28 pm

This is going to become an OT rant, that will wind up getting deleted (at least my posts) -
but this is my opinions.

I am from NY City. I currently live in Orlando, Florida, and have been here since 1999. When 9/11 happened in 2001, I was deeply affected by all of this. When I found out that they needed networking people on site to help, I felt TERRIBLE that I could not be there to assist in getting their networks back up. I would have been there in a heartbeat to run lines, terminate cables, and make communications happen, to help resolve this desperate situation. My life, and my health, and my ingest of toxic fumes would mean very little, if I could help out with this situation.

Some people would say "well, Bob - you are a moron - you would risk your life to help in a situation, where you could get LUNG cancer" - YES I WOULD.

I often think about people like Donald Trump, and The Rolling Stones. Trump has billions of dollars, and the Stones - well, they are not poor. Why do they still work ? Because they are NEEDED, and being needed is critical to their existence (well, maybe Trump is not needed (ha)) . But even though the Stones are in their 70's - the fact that they can get up there, and entertain an audience, and get applause (even if they are washed up and they suck) - that's what their life is about. As for Trump - (no matter what you think about him) - he wants to be the center of attention (that's what all the insane Twitter comments are about from him) - and guess what - love him or hate him - he has more press than Kim Kardashian.

Now, I am not Trump, or the Stones, or Kim Kardashian (or even a minor little known band) - but I have my client base of hundreds of international clients - and that's all that matters to me. I am active on all these forums, I take care of my clients, and as many of you know - if you have hired me ONE time, your support is FREE - there is no support contract. So I keep getting hired. It makes me feel important - it makes me feel needed, and it certainly keeps the other engineers away, that probably know a lot more than I do - but I am supporting my clients for FREE, so I have no fear of them leaving me (no one ever leaves me, because I am free for them) -

I have no fear of getting sick. As long as I can support my client base. I keep working, I keep learning new techniques ( I will be contacting a client in Houston Texas as soon as I get done with this rant, about how he can cheaply keep editing for $5.00 a month on his server without going into the office). Because as this thread has been going on, I have been studying and testing how to make this work. Because no matter how much I love you guys (and no matter how much you hate me) - I am going to get EVERYTHING to work - and the incredibly wonderful companies with brilliant people like EditShare, LumaForge, ProMax, Studio Network Solutions and others, WILL NOT BEAT ME. I WIN.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]