APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?
on Mar 19, 2020 at 12:27:53 am

[Bob Zelin] "So stop all this whining, and get back to work."

This is seriously deranged, even for you. Almost everyone on this thread IS working, and the ones who aren't working aren't working because the job is gone. It's just not there. There's no more need to sniff around a movie set looking for DIT work than there is to fly to Las Vegas to look at vendors displays. There will be no postproduction equipment vendor displays to look at in Las Vegas in April, and there may not be a movie being shot anywhere in the world for considerably longer after that.

I also resent you bringing up Bob Turner in the way you did, and I know he'd have hated it too. I'm surely the last industry guy to visit Bob at his home in Scituate, MA before he passed away. I drove down from Avid's headquarters (then in Tewksbury) from my home in a Boston with a full Avid Xpress Studio for him, with the Pro Tools hardware. I spent the day setting it up for him, and he died very shortly after that, before he could write anything up. I had a lovely day with him and his wife, and I can tell you for a fact that if he thought he could have lived one more day by stopping work, he'd have given up every moment in his career in a heartbeat.

What the hell do you think we talked about all day? THIS. Yeah, storytellers are the reason we don't live in caves, but dying stinks, and dying early for the job is obscene.

(Shocking to me now to recall that he was only 54, quite a bit younger than many folks here.)

Look, if you want to die, nobody's stopping you. It might be nice if you didn't kill anyone else who might care to stay alive. It might also be really nice if you could at least bother to read the posts you're replying to, becauses not one person here wants to be out of work or even underworked. We're all here because we're more alike than not in wanting to go until we drop....but if there's nowhere to go, there's nowhere to go.

Teamviewer is a nice tip, though. Thanks for that.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]