APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) And how are YOU doing?
on Mar 18, 2020 at 11:45:29 pm

Well, I am the crazy one in this group, and my mindset is nothing like most of you. My hero's are people like video trade author Bob Turner, storage pioneer Charles McConathy who started ProMAX, and Jack Calaway who was instrumental in helping start ISC, which became the GVG Edit Controller, and Calaway Editing.
These men DIED for our business. This was their life. They had assorted horrible health problems, and they KEPT GOING, until death. . I always tell everyone that my dream is to be at some expensive steak house in Las Vegas during NAB, and I have "the big one" - and my face lands in the plate of steak and mashed potatoes with gravy. That will be the last image of me for anyone, for eternity. Bob, dead, with gravy all over his face.

I have been moderately busy, but my business these days involves isolation (not voluntarily) with clients all over the world, while I use http://www.teamviewer.com to remote into clients to resolve their editing and storage issues. I currently live in tourist town Orlando, Florida, and I have no fear of Coronavirus. I just cancelled my Las Vegas reservations today, and only because everything is closed in Las Vegas. I had the tickets - I would have gone anyway.

At this point - I realize - all that matters is what we do - we make television, films, movies, etc.
And I have the same feeling toward people in the audio industry. That is life. That is what is important in life. If "we" didn't exist (the musicians, the actors, the writers, the dancers, directors, composers, the set designers, the wardrobe people, the audio mixers, the cameramen, the grips, the gaffers, the craft service people, and of course, the editors, color graders, assistants, graphics artists, 3D animators, etc, etc) - well, we would all be living in a cave, hunting for fish and squirrels, and trying to make the best of it. If there is no "entertainment" there is no life.

If everyone involved in the entertainment industry was involved in finding the cure for cancer, we would all be healthy, and we would all be miserable. We are what makes the world go around.
So stop all this whining, and get back to work.

Bob

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]