APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) How you feeling about that?

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: How's business right now? (Also, what and where?) How you feeling about that?
on Mar 18, 2020 at 8:28:15 am

[Pat Horridge] "Remote editing of secure content is possible. I've used it before but it's not ideal."

I don't think the question is whether or not it's possible. The point is that for upwards of 100TB for a single episode of TV like Shane's case, it may not practical, and that in Britt's case, major studios doing blockbuster post don't care whether it's possible or practical -- it's just not going to happen, period. Nothing is worth more to them than their IP. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Getting more specific to your experience, though Pat, are you setting up companies to do this? Not that you can name names, of course, but you've been designing broadcast workflows for over 30 years, so I'm curious. What are people asking for this week, or maybe this month, that weren't part of the pre-CORVID conversation? How have pressures like social distancing or productions shutting down affected your life as a consultant?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]