APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Remote editing- cloud or otherwise

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Davis
Re: Remote editing- cloud or otherwise
on Mar 16, 2020 at 5:34:24 pm

I've been 100% "remote home based editing" for ALL my clients for about 5 year now.

Up until this week, maybe 10 folks used to come to me regularly to work out of my home shop as part of a virtualization of an in-person traditional production team. Now nobody does, but the work is ALL proceeding as normal.

Before, some of my typical sessions featured bouncing ideas around between the client rep, a project manager and maybe an art director here on-site.

But it's stupid simple to virtualize even that. For just a couple of collaborators, I set up one or two iDevices running FaceTime. They are on swivel arms, so I can talk to people directly, but then point the cameras at my monitor array. The res on idevices is FINE for this. In fact, if the art director needs to make a decision on something minute like type kerning or ledding, I either zoom up my screen as with any presentation situation, or just swing the "art director" device's camera in for a close-up if that works better.

If more people need to participate, I switch to Google Hangouts or Zoom.

One factor I'm extremely greatful for is that I did a significant sound treatment to my home office so that the open mics from these devices don't sound like I'm stuck in reverb city.

Basically, tho - all this has allowed me to work utterly uninterrupted.

Just my 2 cents.

Stay safe out there.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]