APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB Cancellation Thread: From Adobe, AJA, and Avid to Zaxcom. And of course NAB themselves!

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: NAB Cancellation Thread: From Adobe, AJA, and Avid to Zaxcom. And of course NAB themselves!
on Mar 13, 2020 at 5:24:49 pm

[Mark Suszko] "I love the TED talk format for making presentations. I am also a huge fan of Pecha_Kucha Night presentations, which are timed talks linked to 20 powerpoint slides."

I think we can definitely agree as a nation and a world that TED has really helped its speakers hone the art of a 15-minute talk. None of it is accidental. They DRILL people on it, and in fact have some fantastic resources on their channel, YouTube and elsewhere to teach you how to do a presentation exactly like this. Here's one from TED Official, but there are a bunch of others that honestly every speaker should take to heart.

[Mark Suszko] "And I want all the panels open to view, all the keynotes, white paper presentations, round table discussions, no paywalls. NAB is not just the hardware show floor but also the experts talking about the industry and where it is going. That's the simplest part to share online."

I don't think they could do it for free free with their major source for funding educational effort no longer in play, but they could definitely get corporate sponsorship out the wazoo, and should -- and then, yeah, make the content free. It's a model whose ongoing viability we can testify to ☺ (with thanks again to the many of you who turn your ad blockers off in the COW).

But Mark, I love these ideas! And maybe it really does take this kind of thinking -- NOT assuming that you'll be so sad sad sad if you can't have beers with your buddies from far away and have engineers from your favorite companies treat you like you're important to your face, and that the only problem to solve is to figure out how to be that hung over and have people still suck up to you rather than treat you like a hobo. LOL

It's ultimately as simple as you're making it, I think. There's lots of people ready to share lots of information, and we have lots of ways to accomplish that while we're in a set of conditions that might be around for another 12-18 months in some part of the world

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]