APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: NAB is Canceled

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: NAB is Canceled
on Mar 11, 2020 at 6:40:20 pm

Well there it is, the other shoe dropping. I actually love NAB's announcement, which Craig linked to above. Here's a couple of sentences:

In the interest of addressing the health and safety concerns of our stakeholders and in consultation with partners throughout the media and entertainment industry, we have decided not to move forward with NAB Show in April. We are currently considering a number of potential alternatives to create the best possible experience for our community.

This was not an easy decision. Fortunately, we did not have to make this decision alone, and are grateful to our NAB Show community for engaging with us as we grappled with the rapidly-evolving situation. This Show is as much yours as it is ours, and it is important to us that we move forward together.

They basically admitted that they'd probably have gone forward if they could have, but a lot of their partners were asking them not to. I get that. SxSW is laying off staff because they rely on the show to give them revenue that they use all year, and I'm sure that our friends in the show division of NAB (as opposed to the broadcast political lobbying organization) are going to be feeling some pain. They have our sympathies, for sure. We consider those folks friends, have worked on many projects together, and hope to do so again soon.

Of course, we're still five weeks out from the scheduled date. I suspect that in another couple of weeks, this decision would have been made for them by larger forces, apart from the momentum that's going to be keeping people working from home.

Lots more to say about this, but I'm also looking forward to what you cats have to say. :-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]