APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Catalina issues?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Morten Carlsen
Re: Catalina issues?
on Mar 11, 2020 at 9:34:48 am

IMO Catalina is not an OS on which I would base my daily video workflow. I am being forced to use it with my new MBP 16 inch as Mojave won't install there.

Catalina reminds me of a beta version which isn't yet ready for public video/photo/audio use. Albeit we're at 10.15.3.

If one is merely replying on apple application and in-house plugs then Catalina may be fine but if you rely on third party code then you're in trouble unless you enter this command in to your terminal.

sudo spctl --master-disable

This will enable you to install and use third party applications and plugs which aren't released on the App Store. Like Waves etc.

After doing that I am able to use most 3rd pty stuff - aside from the stuff which was 32 bit only like speed grade (I sure wish adobe would update it).

In general Catalina drains my MBP Battery faster than any other macOS I have ever had and the fans are spinning constantly which they were not doing on Mojave. Latter is IMO a much better OS for video editing than Catalina. But for those who have no choice due to new Mac hardware, Catalina is the only option.

Pro Color Monitor - Get Your Color Balance Right
Get it on the AppStore Today->

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/pro-color-monitor/id1495383011?l=en&mt=12

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]