APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB Show 2020. Now Adobe. What about YOU?

COW Forums : Lumaforge

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Wilson
Re: AJA will not be on-site at NAB Show 2020. Now Adobe. What about YOU?
on Mar 11, 2020 at 2:58:59 am
Last Edited By Tim Wilson on Mar 11, 2020 at 3:19:10 am

As noted in previous threads that I'm hoping to consolidate here, this is now a thread to talk about EVERYONE....and I can add one more, Ross Video. I especially like what their announcement said, specifically:

Ross has been at every NAB since 1974 and this has not been an easy decision to take, but we have a clear duty to our employees, our customers and families.

And here's the link to their press release.

Speaking for me personally and NOT for CreativeCOW.net officially, me personally, this is exactly how I'm coming to see this. It's not about NAB. It's about duty.

Even if you're not going to bow out for you, even if you're happy to kill every old person and baby and diabetic (8% mortality) and person with high blood pressure (6% mortality) or cancer (5% mortality -- that's right, high blood pressure is riskier than cancer) that you know or might come in contact indirectly, how about at least pretend for a few days that there's something more important than money or ego or another week of partying, and stay out of airplanes and six-figure gatherings for a couple of days and let doctors and nurses try to get on top of this thing.

Instead, let's party at NAB NY in the fall (it happens) or NAB 2021, and fulfill our barest obligations to our fellow humans to not intentionally make their lives worse or shorter just because we're feeling macho about the hustle.

(And yes, I recognize that there are other reasons to attend NAB than the ones I passive-aggressively described in the worst possible terms above. LOL In general. But this year, maybe, maybe not. LOL)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]