APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Resolve beefs up audio - where's FCPX?

COW Forums : Creative Community Conversations (was FCPX Debates)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Gissing
Re: Resolve beefs up audio - where's FCPX?
on Mar 11, 2020 at 12:05:39 am
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Mar 11, 2020 at 12:08:22 am

[Oliver Peters] "Other than servicing existing Fairlight customers, are these updates attracting new customers for just the DAW and by extension, the hardware control surfaces for mixing?"

I am not involved with the software team anymore since they went to BM. Also BM controls that sort of info more closely than Fairlight did. I've stepped back from the bleeding edge. My hunch is that the ex Fairlight guys will want to get at least the same level of functionality as the old standalone. The biggest stumbling block for me is being able to reliably open old projects from Xynergi in Resolve. I'm sure they will go to Resolve to keep going and buy controllers and faders rather than go to ProTools.

Long game I reckon we might start to see more difference between the free version and the paid and some of that might be extended features in Fairlight and Fusion, much like the extended features on the Color page - NR and OFX. Maybe the detection of the optional CC-2 card (the FPGA) might unlock extra features for the audio pro.

There is no doubt the Resolve version of Fairlight has brought new customers from the audio world. I know lots of sound post people who now have Resolve, as well as Reaper, ProTools and Logic. They are adding Resolve in a way they didn't do with the standalone. More importantly as production workflows favour more the lone wolf, having top quality finishing tools for both picture and sound integrated into such and affordable product will attract customers, mostly from Adobe I suspect.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]